Do you know about Ybor City?
One of the most interesting things you can do/see when in Tampa is Ybor City. Be prepared to discover:
- It is a National Historic Landmark District
- It was founded in 1886 by Vicente Martinez-Ybor
- It was Florida’s first industrial town
- It is sometimes called the “Greenwich Village” of Tampa
- There is even a song written about Ybor City!
- Shopping and restaurants
Many major cities in the United States boast of a “historic district” and some buildings and areas are preserved as historic sites. Ybor City itself is full of history and is considered on the whole as a “historic district.”
You will not want to miss seeing this unique, historic, interesting and exciting feature while in Tampa. It tells a story that can only be found in Ybor City, as it has been preserved and offers so much variety to a visitor.
Visit the Ybor City Museum State Park to get the whole story about this fun and fascinating place!
If you come to visit or stay in Tampa, don’t miss checking out Ybor City! If you need the finest in short term furnished rentals in Tampa, please call us today at 877-282-4032 and let’s discuss your plans!